Thursday, June 17, 2010

CatDog


Today I spent two hours standing in the cold...
*chuckels*

Haha...
I was volunteering for AWL's Donation Day.
It's an annual event.
Know how I found out bout it?

Well, a letter came to our rented house, with the envelope cover printed AWL on it and pictures of animal. It must've been for the previous tenant. But, seeing it was nothing personal, I opened the letter. And, true enough, it wasn't. It was a note about this annual Donation Day and that they were recruiting volunteers.

Being fired with the fuel to gain experiences, anything goes.
As long as it doesn't involve patting the dogs, or anything like that, I'm cool.
So, there you find me standing at the corner of Rundle Mall, right outside Darrel Lea's chocolate shop. I stand with my blue hijab (since the AWL's theme is blue).

So, yeah.
It was fun indeed. I actually had the chance to observe many different types of people walking along the street. And some cute incidents happen as well. LOL! There was this high school girl was waving at me from a bus?! Hehe... She was just playing around I guess and when I waved back, she go a
head and tell her friends; feeling all excited that a woman in hijab just waved back at her - at least that's what I think she said (^_^)

Most people that dropped by at my checkpoint were the elders. And it feels good when someone returns my smile. And the first gentleman who drop a coin in my tin said, "here you go, I just wanted to put a smile on your face." It's as if he knew I wasn't getting any at the moment. Hihi... Thanks mate!

Today, the experience I got was to be confident. I don't think it was easy standing there, and people walk by you. Especially when I'm dressed different to other people. It really helped me build my self-confidence and boost my love towards Islam. (haha.... some might find it weird, but yeah, that's my personal feelings)

Anyway, I'm gonna try my best to 'gain' as much as i can from Australia and make myself a better Muslim. It doesn't mean that you have to be in a Muslim country to learn Islam. Islam is everywhere, just seek and Allah will show you.

"Ya Allah, please guide me and make me a better Muslim"


No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your kind comments!