Friday, June 18, 2010

Rasulullah, I Love You

Today I went to a study circle conducted by Ayn Academy.
We video stream a live discussion from Sydney (or was it Melbourne).

This time, we discussed Seerah (History) of Muhammad for 14 weeks.
I came to the 10th week.

Anyway, it was one of the BEST talk I've ever been to.
At first I was lost, since I just joined and I've missed the earlier classes.
After about 20 minutes, I got on track.

And, also the fact that it was held in English, I consider myself to still have a barrier in English.
InsyaAllah, I'll try to improve.

Here's an extract I would like to share with all readers, I'm shortening the story a bit but here goes:

When Muhammad SAW went to Ta'if to preach, after all the hardships in Makkah during the first stage, they throw him out of the village and pelt him with rocks. Badly injured, bleeding, and completely exhausted, he hid behind a wall of rocks, in between the valley.
It was then that Jibreel appeared, furious at the people of Ta'if, and brought a message from Allah, that if His Beloved Messenger wanted, Allah would command the Angels to turn the hill upon which the settlement of Ta'if existed, upside down.

Jibreel awaited for an answer from the Messenger of Allah. Instead of taking up such an overpowering option, the Most Beloved of Allah prayed otherwise:

"O Allah, please consider my weakness,
my shortage of means,
and the little esteem that people have of me.

Oh, most Merciful Allah,
You are the Lord of the oppressed,
and You are my Lord.

To whom would You leave my fate?
To a stranger who insults me?
Or to an enemy who dominates me?

Would I that You have no wrath against me!
Your pleasure alone is my objective.
Under the light of Your faith which illuminates all darkness and on which this world and the other depend, I take my refuge.
I pray that I may not become the object of Your wrath and anger.

To You alone belongs the right to blame and to chastise until Your pleasure is met.
There is neither power nor strength except in You."

Tears actually flowed down to my cheeks at that moment.
Rasulullah, what a wonderful person you are.
You were patient and you could actually controlled your emotions.

Be good to other people,
even if they treat you bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your kind comments!