Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sayonara Jahiliah

Astaghfirullah...

I seriously need to mirror myself.
Hmm?
I think I've looked to much in the mirror?
hahah... Aishah Loves Miror!~

I've been reading this book:
Petunjuk Sepanjang Jalan
by
As-Syahid Syed Qutb

Well, I still haven't finished it. Because I only read it when I take the bus to and fro my house and uni. (I think it's because I've lost my passion in reading-at least that's what my house mate said) But anyway, one of the things I got from the book so far is that Islam and Jahiliah can't stand together.
Actually, it's what my mind conclude after i) going to talk by ISMA-SA, ii) chattings with fellow mates from the Cambodian Humanitarian Group back when I was in MARA College Seremban (it was a KMS-KMB joined activity), and iii) a recent act of one of my friends deleting ALL of her Japan-Korea collections in her laptop (shouts in head: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!).

And then, it actually got me thinking... What's the point of me idoling all these people that don't even worship the same God, don't even believe Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, don't even care whatever happens to Islam, and DON'T EVEN KNOW ME. (lol-the last part was not necessary)
My point is, somehow I figured out that idoling these people had consumed my time, my energy, my money, my life focus and MOST importantly; my laptop's memory space! Hence, I decided that that's it! I should do this! I opened the folder: Video, while holding the Ctrl buton, I clicked on the folder English, Hilary Duff, Christina Aguilera, Japanese+Kpop, NEWS, Tackey&Tsubasa, Shimizu Shota, Tohishinki, WaT, and pushed the button: DELETE.
POOF!
They're gone! Forever~
(x_x)

Next, I opened the folder: Pictures: Kotaishi Kiseki: and again I deleted all my collections of kawaii no sashin, all the pics of Namba-sempai, Tackey, Tsubasa, Micky, DBSK, NEWS that I've spent hours and hours looking for and staring at and drools over... how many zillion hours I've wasted?! But all those were easy. Videos, pictures-EASY.

Last stop-MUSIC folder. I clicked on the folders...

Anime...
(my inner-self speaks: but Aishah, you use the songs for dance-aerobic)
English....
(my inner-self speaks: but Aishah, some of the songs actually have very good messages!)
Jpop&Korean.....
(my inner-self speaks: but Aishah, those songs are also very suitable for your dance-aerobic)
Hindi......
(my inner-self speaks: go ahead, I don't mind)

I stop.
Oh maan~
I can't do this.
My inner-self is talking tooo much.
.....a minute passed.....
I couldn't do it.
In the end I just deleted Hindi folder.

And, just now, while writing this blog, I realize something...
I didn't not delete the other folders because I need them for dance-aerobik etc, it's just that, I still enjoy listening to them.

Insya-allah, I'll find the strength to fully pull myself out from Jahiliah.
Pray for me! Support me!

Finally, I would like to share a video by Maher Zain: Insyaallah~
Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Interesting how acts like this (posting in blog) can influence people to do the same or the opposite. I'll start filtering my stuffs now!
    I'll pray for you. All of us too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam aishah..u noe what? i'd done that,deleting videos n songs n pictures...
    but now,i started to fill them in back.
    huh..change is easy but to stay in the change needs lots of patient and rasa tawadduk kat Dia
    gaah!oh,btw..ainul kah tht friend??
    tp sy agak sedih bile tgk kwn2 yg terlalu idolize them,well..for me,i just waste my time watching the videos sometimes.the songs just play when i do works do doesn't matter.but never waste my money on them,suma tenet..bil tenet mmg lah kna bayar utk bace blackboard,assignment etc etc so klo dh 80gb sebulan tak gune bazir plak kan..huhu..
    okay,komen2 panjang lak..
    nway,all the best in ur exam..hope dpt jumpa korng kat melbourne nanti:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'kawan tu'?
    It was you Bella.
    I found out from Ainul that you've deleted everything, so I gave me a push to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a very BIG step, aishah! and i hail you for that.:)
    i hope for you, there'll be no regrets and that the change would be permanent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU AINUL!
    aww~ i really needed that.
    Seriously, my laptop is bare now.
    (except for the songs...
    needs a bigger jihad for that one)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your kind comments!